Last night I was craving chocolate and snacking on coconut manna, and thought, hmm, could I make a (healthy) cookie with this? So, I decided to get creative and experiment, and the answer to my former question is yes!
This cookie came from my brain. I did not look at a single recipe in the creation of this, just my knowledge of cookies and the texture and flavor of the dough as I added ingredients. Last night in my first go I did not measure or keep track of anything, just added ingredients until I was satisfied. After baking I felt the cookies were a bit dense and dry and wanted to try again this morning.
So, this morning I did many of the same ingredients (oats, cocoa powder, coconut manna, shredded coconut, soy milk, protein powder, chocolate chips) but this time added half a banana to give it some moisture, and I tracked the ingredients and adjusted as needed so I could figure out the nutrition and share with you all. The final cookies came out deliciously divine, rich with chocolate and coconut, protein-packed, and this time, super moist!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 30 grams vanilla protein powder*
- 2 tbsp/9 grams shredded coconut
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 60 grams/ 1/2 large banana, mashed
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Coconut Manna
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened organic soy milk
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp simply delicious chocolate chips
- 1/2 oz/14 grams chopped raw almonds
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add in wet ingredients mix until a wet dough forms.
- Fold in chocolate chips and raw almonds.
- Drop in 1 Tbsp balls onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. I got 13 cookies out of it, using a small cookie scoop. Flatten slightly, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes.
- Enjoy 🙂